Wat Arun. Bangkok.

Thursday, August 22, 2024

Down By The River







While enjoying my iced latte at Barbon, I talked a bit with tourists from China and Japan.








I was tempted!


 coconut shake


This store sign made think of my cousin Natalie.  And I sent this photo to her.  Many years ago, in Alabama, she shared that it would be cool to open a shop and just name it ETC (etcetera).  Here's one in Bangkok.

















That's the most impressive spirit house/shrine display I've seen inside an ordinary shophouse business.





At some point, I reached an area by the river.  I talked briefly with a couple of guys from Germany as we all watched the boats go by.  They were nice. 



Inside that hostel, I purchased another elephant handicraft.  I had the durian one already.  This one was a mangosteen.


We're now enjoying the Mangosteen Elephant in Asheville, NC.











What's funny is that before settling down at my table, I went upstairs and met a Thai lady who now lives in Alabama.  Been living there three years.  She was with a friend from Paraguay.  Hopefully the Alabama-Thai will reach out to me and come visit us in Asheville.

Now for my mocktail.



 the Chao Phyra River
"River of Kings"




I really enjoyed River Vibe Rooftop Bar.  It was the perfect place for a sunset.  The food was also really delicious and the service was outstanding!  There were two lovely European ladies at a table not far from me.  I spoke briefly to one.  They were having a good time.  If I had stayed a bit later, I could have enjoyed the nightly laser show at Iconsiam.  River Vibe has lots going for it!

As I was leaving River Vibe, I chatted with a Dutch tourist.




Click here for more on the Song Wat community.

Rooftop Bar Count 

51

No comments:

Post a Comment