Kade enjoying a boat ride in Thailand. On the way to Monkey Island!

Sunday, January 14, 2024

Perfect Continuous

Rosewood Bangkok

Rosewood Bangkok is the home of the speakeasy bar, Lennon's.  It's on my to-do list.

(OCC)

Kade and I went to an upper floor to see views and check out a coffee shop.  We learned that there's a three-level restaurant and rooftop bar opening in the future. Must return. 

beautiful grounds

I believe those markings are evidence that monks blessed OCC's opening.


OCC's shrine

I then took Kade over to Lang Suan Rd. to see Sindhorn Village.  We didn't hang out long.  Our main goal was to have lunch at Khrua Nai Baan, which was nearby.



Gaeng Som
(Sour Curry Soup with Shrimp and Vegetables)

Chayote with Shrimp

Wild Grouper with Mango Salad

Note:  You might end up paying way more for your meal if you select the wild grouper.  Our grouper was $30 USD, which is way too much.  It was good, but the price at the end surprised us.  Study the menu carefully before ordering, since you're paying by the gram for fish.  Realistically, this entire meal, assuming we'd ordered a different fish, should have been $30 USD (1000 Thai baht).

Mango with Sticky Rice

Later in the day, I went by myself to Flashback Rooftop Bar.










As I was enjoying my mocktail, I looked up and saw the Radisson Blu, which has its own rooftop bar.  Perhaps I can squeeze in a second one!  Oh, and at the beginning of the soi (lane) - way out there where the lights are shining - are a couple of places where I've enjoyed massages.

Passion Fruit - Lychee Mocktail


These are the massage shops.

I left Flashback in plenty of time to make it to Radisson Blu.






Made it to Brewski.  I can look down and see Soi 20, where I just was 30 minutes ago.  Center-left is Flashback Rooftop Bar.  And farther down the soi is Sky on 20, another rooftop bar I've enjoyed.

Those dilapidated buildings bottom-left are facing demolition, surely.  I bet those lots are very valuable, being right near Sukhumvit.


Elvis Juice it is!




Looking in the direction of SWU, the university with the Friday night market.  Over to the left is Soi 23, where I've been with friends.

See SWU on the building?

Virgin Mojito

Soi 23

back at street level

Hard to believe I was just up there.

Before walking back, I stepped inside the lobby of a Japanese onsen & spa (Soi 20 & Sukhumvit) to look at their menu of services and to photograph this shrine and spirit house.

No comments:

Post a Comment