Kade enjoying a boat ride in Thailand. On the way to Monkey Island!

Tuesday, January 2, 2024

Great Discovery






I had been to another rooftop bar to see if it would be a good one to end the trip on, but the views were sort of similar to others I'd seen.  I decided to skip it.  I then walked to another hotel hoping to go to their rooftop bar, only to learn that a reservation was needed.  I didn't have one.  After exiting that hotel, I looked in the distance and saw a beautiful hi-rise overlooking the Asoke intersection.  I didn't know if it was a hotel or office building.  I quickly used Google Maps to see if I could identify it.  It was the Solaria Nishitetsu Hotel.  My first thought was that perhaps that they had a rooftop bar or restaurant, but for guests only.  Sometimes that's the case.  I've looked at so many rooftop bar guides and never saw one associated with that hotel.  I decided to walk over to the hotel.  In this case, as in many situations in life, to get to something possibly magnificent, you have to take a chance.  I walked through the front entrance and over to reception.  Sure enough, I scored.  They pointed me to the elevator.  I went on up to Trans Blue Bar, and this is what I found.  My smiling server Jib explained that the hotel was pretty new and that they were not yet advertising the rooftop bar to non-guests.  She expressed that I was lucky to find it and that I was going to be in for a good night.  There were very few people up there and the views were fantastic.  Jib's service and friendliness might have even surpassed the views!  She recommended two very delicious mocktails.  And the nibbles that came out with it.......Wow!  Thank you, Jib!


No comments:

Post a Comment