Kade enjoying a boat ride in Thailand. On the way to Monkey Island!

Friday, June 12, 2020

Jim Thompson Thai Silk





I think Kade and I got these napkin sets (six to each set) at a big Jim Thompson sale at the Queen Sirikit National Convention Center in Bangkok.  Kade was working for Jim Thompson then, and on a weekend she took me to the convention center for this annual shopping extravaganza.  We spoke with several of her friends, and I got a bite to the eat in the food hall.  We were so madly in love!   And Bangkok was so thrilling!  I gave the floral set to my mother, and we kept the elephant design.


The convention center is at one end of Benjakitti Park.  You can see it in this image.  The convention center is actually undergoing a complete redevelopment.  Like a lot in Bangkok, change happens fast.  I believe there was one other time I went out to the convention center, and it was to an Asia Books sale.

No comments:

Post a Comment