Kade enjoying a boat ride in Thailand. On the way to Monkey Island!

Saturday, June 6, 2020

Fruit Carts in Thailand


When I lived in Thailand (2000-2005), one of the most impressive things was the variety of fruits you had year-round.  You could find them at outdoor markets and supermarkets, or you could get them from fruit cart vendors all around the city.  It was 10 baht for a bag of fruit when I was there.  That was about 25 cents (US).  I would buy all types.  My favorites were papaya ("Nature's Candy"), mango, guava and pineapple.  I liked the "fruit lady" who set up outside the school where I taught in Bangkok.  She was there all day!  Another spot where I enjoyed getting fruits was from a vendor across from Central World.  Back then it was in a spot with other street food vendors.  Today I think that area is home to another big mall!  

Click here to learn how to purchase fruit from a vendor in Thailand.

No comments:

Post a Comment