Kade enjoying a boat ride in Thailand. On the way to Monkey Island!

Wednesday, June 24, 2020

A Wave

Queen Sirikit of Thailand

Back in 2000, when I was living in Thailand, I actually saw Queen Sirikit.  I was eating dinner outdoors in the vicinity of the Victory Monument in Bangkok.  Suddenly I heard some police whistles, and people were standing up and looking towards a road.  By then, I was also standing.  I was by myself.  On a little road off of the Victory Monument roundabout, a motorcade appeared.   In one of the cars, there was Queen Sirikit.  She waved in my direction.  I told my students at the school where I was teaching, and they said I was very lucky.  I think somebody said that there was a hospital in that area, and Queen Sirikit was likely arriving for a check-up.

No comments:

Post a Comment