Kade enjoying a boat ride in Thailand. On the way to Monkey Island!

Sunday, September 8, 2019

People's Friendship Monument





These vintage photos came from a Facebook site.  I will provide it soon.  The apartment building where Andy and I lived was over to the right.  The photo just above shows a little bit of one apartment building - not ours.  I walked through this square and by this monument every weekday while I was living in Tashkent.  A metro station was nearby, and we took it to  work.  In fact, we took it to the nearest station to the college - still more than a mile away.  From there, we took a taxi.

That's me upper-left, with a bad haircut.  And that's Andy, top-center.  These kids were just out there, and it was a fun photo moment.  1994

Standing with Tohir, in 1998.

Click here for a little history of the monument.

No comments:

Post a Comment