Kade enjoying a boat ride in Thailand. On the way to Monkey Island!

Sunday, July 7, 2019

Seville, Day 4

We started our morning kind of late with a simple nutella crepe and coffee.  It obviously didn't fully satisfy us because after walking maybe thirty minutes more, we stopped off at Nickel, for an early lunch.  Probably after all our tapas dining, it was time for a juicy burger.  While inside Nickel, I was listening to see if I could pick up on American English, thinking a burger spot must be for tourists and expats.  But no, Nickel had a lot of Spanish patrons.   I have to say, it was pretty good. Wasn't the best hamburger I've had, but I loved the presentation.  The place was also really clean, and the beer was also nice.

Later in the day - timing it for the sunset - I walked to Puente de Triania (Triana Bridge).  I did it without a phone navigation app.  I was recognizing streets, corners and restaurants.  And I just kept on going.  I think I once asked somebody if the bridge was in a certain direction.  Remember those days?  They helped.  My plan was to once again see and photograph the beautiful purple Jacarandas, which are along the bridge and in the park adjacent to the river.  I walked on the park path beside the river, enjoying the sunshine and people watching.  I didn't have to go far to realize the park was an obvious lovers' hangout.  There was also sunbathing, people playing football and groups of friends hanging out.  It had kind of an edgy vibe down there, so I didn't stay too long.  Later. my cousin Jeff met me at our little churros spot at the start of the bridge.

For dinner, we returned to Casa Morales, one of Seville's oldest and most popular tapas bars.  This time we went around to the back side and positioned ourselves at the bar.  We ate.  We drank.  What a night!

On the travel sites people are always asking how long they should stay in Seville.  For those not on group tours, I would say three full days minimum.  Four would be really nice.  And I am thinking about travelers who have some experience getting around. The less experience you have, maybe you need more days. Anything less than three days is a big rush.  Seville is not skyscraper big, but it has a lot going on.  And there are lots of tourists!










A couple of ladies came over and wanted photos.









Jeff next to a matador statue








Right outside an arena door.  Definitely looked like blood.

I always enjoyed looking up at balconies to see how they were decorated.  The Spanish take pride in the apartments and homes.












This server recognized us from our first visit to Casa Morales.  He was quite funny, and great  at his job.










It was around this time on the trip when I sent a text to friends telling them that we started out eating lots to replenish calories lost while walking, yet were now clearly needing to walk to burn calories consumed.  The food was getting better and better.

No comments:

Post a Comment