Kade enjoying a boat ride in Thailand. On the way to Monkey Island!

Wednesday, June 5, 2019

Porto, Day 2

Met a very nice young lady in this store (Prometeu).











While out walking around Porto, I met a lady from Warsaw, Poland.  We talked some about Eastern Europe.  I mentioned that I had been to Warsaw and many countries of Eastern Europe.  I brought up my trip to Moscow, and she said. "That's a place with a lot of riches."








one of the J.K. Rowling spots






Virginia was all smiles after I made these buys.  






I walked up on this scene.  They were dancing to this song.  The volume was up, and it was powerful.  Wish I could upload the video I took.
























I bought six ceramic swallows in this shop.  This place was recommended to me by the mother of my airbnb hostess.  I had noticed some swallows on the wall in the airbnb, and asked about them.  Now I can say I have an authentic Porto gift!   Surprised my wife with them.









For dinner on this day, I made it to Curb, a local burger joint.  I had read some good things about it and wanted to give it a try.  The classic burger I got was one of the best burgers I have ever had, anywhere.  And the fries were hand-cut and perfect.  I enjoyed it with a bottled craft beer from Barcelona!  When I was paying, I talked with a guy from Denver, CO, and he too was very impressed by Curb.  I was definitely planning a return visit, which I made on my last day in Porto.







No comments:

Post a Comment