Kade enjoying a boat ride in Thailand. On the way to Monkey Island!

Tuesday, May 28, 2019

Porto, Day 4

This was my final day in lovely Porto.  My plan was to walk across the Dom Luis I Bridge, and then a bit down to Calem, a Port wine cellar you can tour.  After that, I was returning to Curb for one of their fabulous burgers - needed to confirm just how outstanding it was the first time, just two days before - and then stop by Boutique do Gelado, which caught my eye on an earlier walk.  The final thing I needed to do was meet up with Luis from Laroca Dolls to take a look at the hand-painted Freddie Mercury doll I was thinking of buying.  I had already bought a print-version of the doll, but was told that the hand-painted one was even better.  It was.  And I bought it!  He met me at Mercador Cafe, a place a couple of doors down from my airbnb apartment.  

Around 4 PM I made my way to the train station to go to Lisbon for one more night, since that was where I needed to be to fly back to the USA the next day.  If I had planned my itinerary a bit better, I might have flown out of Porto.  The train ticket was a roundtrip one I had purchased at the Santa Apolonia station in Lisbon - perfect location if you are staying in or near the Alfama district.  Although you can purchase tickets online, if you're staying in Lisbon, it was very easy walking up to the ticket window at the train station.  I did it a few days before.  Not sure I would risk it the same day.  The only thing I really wanted to do in Lisbon that last night was to have dinner and drinks at Tapas do Atlantico.  I wanted to return, in large part, just to see the smiling faces of the couple who own it.  They are that friendly!

 





















































No comments:

Post a Comment