Kade enjoying a boat ride in Thailand. On the way to Monkey Island!

Saturday, March 18, 2017

Large Banks & Big Markets














We got up one morning and went over to the bank where Kade's sister works.  It's one of the largest banks in Thailand, in deposits, assets, everything.  I took an image of it from the car as we drove by, then we got out and explored a bit.  There's a big market just next door, and it had a huge food court, but definitely an older style - nothing like the big malls.  The food all looked the same, but the facility was grimier, more basic, had no air conditioning, only fans.  And if you're like me, before eating just anything, you study over who's cooking the food, where it's being prepared, how clean it looks, who else is eating. Common sense.  If you over-worry, which I tend to do, there are places that could freak you out a bit. You may not think so because I travel a lot, but am quite the germophobe these days.  Kade carries some wet wipes, and I am always on the lookout for restrooms to wash my hands. I also observe other people, especially folks preparing and serving foods, and as long as they look clean and not doing anything overtly wrong, I go head.  In the end, hunger takes over.  In general, though, it pays to look things over.  On this morning, I found a pick-and-choose spot and got a favorite dish (Kai Palo), plus a spicy noodle one.  It was very tasty.  Kade went with a fish cake and a spicy item.  When I was done, I ate a delicious coconut snack (a sweet dessert really) steamed inside a banana leaf.  I could eat them all day!

No comments:

Post a Comment