Kade enjoying a boat ride in Thailand. On the way to Monkey Island!

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Asian Places

Sometime shortly after the 2008 Beijing Olympics, my brother Miles informed me that he was going to Beijing for a business trip, and was gong to extend his time there so he could travel with his boys.  In an e-mail to me, he asked me where I had been in Asia.  This is what I shared:

Miles, this is a good Asia map.  You can scroll all over to view the whole thing. 
 
 
These are the cities I have visited.  Some of these I have done with Kade.  I would love to visit Beijing someday...and have put if off a couple of times.  I will share more about this later.  Uncle Jim has been.  I think it's great you are going.  It will be a good experience for you and the kids.
 
Japan:  Tokyo, Sendai (north), Osaka, Kyoto, Hiroshima (a-bomb city)
South Korea:  Seoul, Busan, and the DMZ separating North and South Korea
China:  Taipei (Taiwan), Hong Kong, Macau
Vietnam:  Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh (formerly Saigon)
Cambodia:  Siem Reap
Laos:  Vientiane and Luang Prabang
Thailand:  pretty much all over
Malaysia: Georgetown, Kuala Lumpur, Panang, Langkawi
Singapore
Indonesia:  Ubud, Candidasa
Uzbekistan: Tashkent, Samarkand, Bukhara
Kazakhstan:  Al Maty
India - New Delhi
Russia:  Moscow, St. Petersburg  (well, half of Russia lies in Asia)

Update:  I have since added Sri Lanka to this list.

Miles and his kids ended up not going to Beijing, but a year later made a trip to Israel - a  business trip/vacation.

No comments:

Post a Comment