Kade enjoying a boat ride in Thailand. On the way to Monkey Island!

Thursday, July 18, 2013

Eastern Europe Trip, 1995



In the Spring of '95, once my teaching contract in Tashkent had ended, I embarked on a solo trip around Eastern Europe.  I first flew from Tashkent to Moscow, where I simply changed planes for my direct flight to Helsinki, Finland, a city I had visited briefly (w/ others ESIers) before arriving in Uzbekistan in the late summer of '94.  So, this Eastern Europe journey actually got started in Helsinki, a place I was a tad familiar with.  I will write about these destinations in coming weeks.

Unless otherwise noted, travel between destinations was by train.

Helsinki, Finland
Tallinn, Estonia -  arrived by hydrofoil
Riga, Latvia
Vilnius, Lithuania
Belarus  - passed through
Warsaw, Poland
Prague, Czech Republic  - met up with my great-uncle
Vienna, Austria
Salzburg, Austria 
Budapest, Hungary - arrived by boat down Danube River
Slovakia - passed through
Prague, Czech Republic

No comments:

Post a Comment