Kade enjoying a boat ride in Thailand. On the way to Monkey Island!

Tuesday, September 3, 2024

WowS

In 2013, I e-mailed my friend Kyoko some thoughts on travel ideas - for her, for me.

*I def would recommend Paris, London and Germany.  Had great experiences in those places.  Paris, by far, has the best cuisine.  It's like comparing Thai to Cambodian food.  

*Croatia is supposed to be very beautiful, too, and you can ferry there from Italy. 
 
*Krakow is another place I'd like to visit, just to visit the WW2 concentration camp.
 
*India is another place I'd like to return, but a visit there and to less developed places (like Bangladesh) seem so exhausting.  Nepal, though, wow.  A train journey around india.....wow....could be good.
 
*And the USA....gosh, so big, so diverse in its topography and culture.  something for everyone.  Boston, NYC, Chicago, LA, San Fran, Miami....of large cities, would blow your mind!
 
*I may be making a return trip to Uzbekistan this year...w/ my 86 yr old uncle.  Uzb is tough place, and not easy. but the people are great.

*And, oh, Ireland, Scotland, Wales, England, where my ancestors came from, are places I'd like to visit.  I could travel weeks and weeks there....driving through the countryside, sipping coffees in London and Dublin....wow.

No comments:

Post a Comment