Kade enjoying a boat ride in Thailand. On the way to Monkey Island!

Sunday, January 21, 2024

Treats

In the morning, bright and early, I went over to Chinatown (Yarowat) to have breakfast and coffee at a couple of cafes.  It was quite an adventure.  I've already shared about this experience.  See the link at the bottom of this post.

When I was done in Chinatown, I then got back on the MRT (metro).





I exited here to Samyan Mitrtown.  I did so mainly to see the cityscape from the sky garden.






If you're in one of Bangkok's malls, you can get a quick and tasty meal at the food court.

I got a shaved ice treat.  This was honey-lemon.

When done with Samyan Mitrtown, I took the MRT back to Sukhumvit.  After resting for a few hours during the hottest part of the day, I ventured back out.  That's what you do in Bangkok.  I don't think it's possible to last, just going out eight hours straight.




Over on Soi 13, I checked out The Sportsman.  If you need to watch any sporting event, live or on replay, you can do it at a place like this.




I then went over to the Hyatt Regency (Soi 13) to meet up with a friend.  We were going to Spectrum Lounge & Bar.




When we were done with the rooftop, it was time for dinner.  We tried out Monsoon on Soi 8.

I think I got a coconut smoothie.

The Tom Yum Goong was very flavorful.  And we ordered it just a bit spicy.

We also both liked the Cashew Chicken, although it had a slightly different taste from what we were used to.  The more we ate it, though, the better it got.  I prefer stir-fried chicken over breaded chicken.  And this was stir-fried!

mocktail 

No comments:

Post a Comment