Kade enjoying a boat ride in Thailand. On the way to Monkey Island!

Thursday, January 25, 2024

Day's Activities

That's a rooftop spirit house!  5:40 AM, btw.

Lek Massage at BTS Phrom Phong is part of a chain of massage spas.  I didn't get a massage there, but it was always busy.  They're open from 10 AM to 11:30 PM.

I reached the MRT (metro) at Asok.  From there, I needed to go just two stops to the Queen Sirikit National Convention Center, where there are a couple of beautiful parks.


Reached Benjakitti Park and Benjakitti Forest Park.  Due to jet lag, I was awake at 3 AM.  So getting to the park a little at 6 AM was perfect.  When it's 9 or 10 AM, it starts getting very hot.  My strategy is to take advantage of the early morning hours.  And in the afternoon, I'm resting or sleeping, or sometimes getting a massage.  Avoid that heat!!!


shrine






The convention center opens at 7 AM.  I enjoyed exploring a bit of it.  It's huge!




The coffee shops, cafes and restaurants open at various times.  Probably most are open by 10 AM.  On another day, Kade and I had coffee at this Pacamara.  I've been to one at Central Pinklao, and I like it.  Oh, there's even a very nice food court in the convention center.



After leaving the convention center, I walked back to Sukhumvit Rd.








I may return to this one.

That rooftop bar is one I've researched.  May try it this trip.

I decided to give Buddy's a try!  It was so-so.  But I loved the Americana decor!






Time to get back out on the street.




After an afternoon nap, I headed off to meet up with a friend.  But first, I got a 90-minute massage at A-ONE Massage on Soi 20.




In the evening, this place will be packed.  Bottom floor is usually reserved for foot massages.  I enjoy massages in the late morning or afternoon - Afternoon Delight, as my friend says.

Met up with my friend. Now it's time for my first rooftop bar of this trip: Sky on 20.

Novotel Bangkok Sukhumvit 20


At the start of the soi, where you see those flashy lights, is A-ONE Massage.


mocktail

After about an hour at the bar, we were ready for something else.



We had a meal at The Deck.  Pretty good!




Later, we went over to Soi 23 to eat some steak nachos at The Clubhouse Sports Bar & Grill.  Tasty!  When we were done, it was time to walk the gauntlet at Soi Cowboy.

No comments:

Post a Comment