Kade enjoying a boat ride in Thailand. On the way to Monkey Island!

Monday, March 6, 2017

Just Pick And Choose



This style of eating is common in Thailand, and it's one of my favorite ways to start the day.  You get a plate with rice, and then pick and choose the other dishes you want.  I love Kai Palo.  It's a great comfort food that contains pork belly, boiled duck eggs and tofu in a sweet sauce that goes great with rice. Chinese sausage is also really tasty.  I usually will add a fried egg, cooked sunny-side up.  This day in Silom, on Surawong Road, I ordered exactly this.  It was less than $2 US. For those who worry about not being able to speak Thai, this is a simple way to eat hearty meals. After my meal, I walked a bit down Surawong Road, all the way to the Amara Hotel, where a friend stayed on her visit to Bangkok just a few weeks earlier.  I then found a place to get a fabulous oil massage.  It was 90 minutes for about 700 baht, or $20 US.


No comments:

Post a Comment