Kade enjoying a boat ride in Thailand. On the way to Monkey Island!

Monday, April 17, 2017

Baan Itsara Restaurant - Hua Hin

If the seafood restaurants in Hua Hin's bustling night market are not your thing, there are other fine restaurants in town.  Here's one Kade researched ahead of time, and we arrived early to snag a table by the water.  Baan is Thai for Home, and as you can see this restaurant is situated inside and behind an old house, giving it a unique feel.  I would rank this in my top three seafood experiences ever. Little did I know that the very next day another restaurant would ease into that upper tier.  And, in case you're curious, when Kade and I went to Bali years ago, we had what we considered the very best. But Baan Itsara Restaurant in Hua Hin made its presence felt, no doubt. I left there feeling very content, and one dish (the spicy oyster one) was off the charts. It was the first time I had tried oysters prepared that way, and I had never had that vegetable they were combined with.  Toss in a few more ingredients, seasonings and a bit of chili, and something magical is created. Talk about flavors!



Coconut shake

Maprang Shake

Spicy Oysters with Cha-om Salad
(ordered this twice it was so good!)

Stir-Fried Mixed Vegetables

Salted Fish Fried Rice

Fish Sauce Fried Red Snapper with Spicy Mango Dipping Sauce

Seafood Casserole

Stir-Fried Garlic & Pepper Soft-Shelled Crab

Watermelon Shake

Sliced Palmyra Fruit in Syrup and Shaved Ice
Seedless Sala in Syrup and Shaved Ice

Now for some images I found online









No comments:

Post a Comment