Kade enjoying a boat ride in Thailand. On the way to Monkey Island!

Monday, August 24, 2015

Beautiful Maps


When I was exploring Bangkok back in 2000, I would often see very colorful maps with the most interesting illustrations.  And I would see the name, Nancy Chandler!  Although I never actually bought one of her maps, I certainly opened them up and looked at them anytime I could, especially in a bookstore.  But they were everywhere - even 7-11s!  They always caught my eye!  Just recently, while I was searching a Bangkok website I enjoy, there was an article about Nancy Chandler's Maps.  She had just passed away.  Click here for the article, and then see the two links just after it, which share a bit about her life.  And even though I didn't personally buy one of her maps, I would encourage you to consider it.  My pledge, the next time I'm in Asia, is to get one, even if I just put it up on my wall as piece of art, which it is!  RIP, Nancy.

No comments:

Post a Comment