Kade enjoying a boat ride in Thailand. On the way to Monkey Island!

Thursday, January 22, 2015

Hua Hin, Thailand

When I was living in Bangkok, on weekends Kade and I would sometimes head to the beach.  One of our favorite beach towns was Hua Hin.  The beach itself was not exceptionally beautiful and seemed kind of small, yet it had some unique aspects - horseback riding is an example.  The town itself was what appealed to me most.  I just loved the ease in which you could walk around it.  And I especially loved the night market, where we would get some incredible homemade ice cream.  I think the ice cream vendor had been featured on TV or something, and as a result, going to the night market, strictly for the ice cream, was the thing to do, and it was talked about a lot.  Hua Hin was always a nice escape from the big city.  The photo of Kade and me, taken out by the pool at a hotel where we once stayed, is one I have carried in my wallet the past fourteen years!
 
 










 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment