Kade enjoying a boat ride in Thailand. On the way to Monkey Island!

Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Wat Rakhang


4:05 entering the temple, 11:45 buying fish, turtles, eels and frogs, 18:22 releasing them into river
 
A week into our trip, Kade took me to Wat Rakhang.  And when I walked into the main temple and saw the murals, artwork, chandeliers and that gold Buddha, I thought, "Wow."  After that, I just got this itch to see more and more.  And when I got to fourteen or so temples and had reached what I thought was my plateau, I simply rested a few days.  But then temple fever hit again!  I got this sudden burst of energy, enabling me to see four more!  Believe it or not, the last few were as intriguing and fascinating as the first batch.  In the right sidebar, I have a category titled Bangkok Temples, complete with photos, videos, personal stories and a bit of history for all eighteen.  Over the winter, to each blog post I will add some more images and maybe more personal insight.  I am still trying to process it all!
 
Wat Rakhang (temple bell) earned its name during the reign of King Rama I when a bell was found in the temple compound - source










 

 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment