Kade enjoying a boat ride in Thailand. On the way to Monkey Island!

Friday, February 24, 2012

Koh Tao, Thailand

These pictures are from a visit Kade and I made to Koh Tao, a picturesque island in Southern Thailand. If you look closely you can find me on the porch of our $10 per night bungalow. Parked out front is a motorbike we used to move about the island. My greatest memories are of snorkeling in pristine waters and dining on some scrumptious seafood. Life was easy!

 
 
 
 
one of my fav Thai foods: grilled chicken.





We met these Korean tourists.  Funny thing is, a couple of years later, Kade and I were walking in a very busy area of Seoul, a city of 10 million plus, and the girl on the right, whom we had lost contact with since this Thai beach outing, saw us!!! The chances of it happening!!!!  After dealing with our initial shock, she arranged for us to get together with her and the girl on the left in the photo.  If you check in the South Korea archives, there's a YouTube video I made. In it, is a photo of the four of us together in Seoul.
 
 
 

 
Dining right on the beach is the way to do it!
 
 Here's info on how people reach Koh Tao from the mainland.  Kade and I went to one of these overlooks - maybe at this exact guesthouse - and looked out over the water.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment