Kade enjoying a boat ride in Thailand. On the way to Monkey Island!

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Hong Kong 2002, Part One

After being awed by Hong Kong on a stopover in 2000, I was determined to take Kade there one day. We flew from Bangkok with one of my colleagues and his wife, and we got a place at Hyde Park Mansion. We stayed a few days in Hong Kong and took a side trip to the "Asian Vegas," Macau.  Our friends then went back to Bangkok, and we stayed in Hong Kong to do a little more.  It was important for me to reconnect with my Chinese friend, Wai.  I had first met him and his wife in Northern Japan in 2000 and then got a wonderful tour of one of the Hong Kong islands and an outstanding dim sum meal (including a chopstick lesson) once I moved on to Hong Kong after Japan.  Anyway, Kade and I met up with Wai this trip, and he took us to the new territories.  We also met his wife and their baby Ming Tsun.




Victoria Peak Tram



Victoria Peak

This is up in the mountains, just behind the Central Hong Kong skyline. 
We reached this level by taking the longest outdoor escalator in the world.


Trolleys are one way to get around.

No comments:

Post a Comment