Kade enjoying a boat ride in Thailand. On the way to Monkey Island!

Wednesday, June 12, 2019

Lisbon, Day 3


Well over a year ago when I started thinking seriously about Lisbon, I watched this video from one of my favorite food vloggers, Mark Wiens.  Immediately I knew I wanted to visit the oldest cafe in all of Lisbon, simply to try their signature Cod Fritters with a cup a of coffee.  My cousin Jeff and I put it on our itinerary.  We made it happen!


Lisbon street performers are some of the best I've seen.  This one was miming Beatles songs.  Her (or his) facial expressions were so crisp and animated, anytime she looked at you with those wide eyes, it was almost creepy. 







What we came for!  And they were tasty!





This dessert was about three inches of the best meringue, on top of what tasted like an apple sauce.










The day before, after our walking tour, we sat at one of the tables in that corner of the square, at that exact restaurant.
















Had dinner at Tapas do Atlantico, in the Alfama district, near Santa Apolonia railway station.  The couple who run it, Pradip and Sumana, are so nice, and our meals there were always good.  And Sumana's fruit salad was not only very sweet and juicy, it was a piece of art.  I had not eaten a lot of fruit in Portugal (almost no fresh fruit), so their fruit salad was heavenly, and the thing I really needed.  I think I got two on this night.  I loved how clean Tapas do Atlantico was, and the service was always wonderful.  



Looking down from our 5th floor Airbnb.  We walked through this intersection daily.  Good coffee and some decent places to eat there.  Very busy at night.

No comments:

Post a Comment