Kade enjoying a boat ride in Thailand. On the way to Monkey Island!

Monday, September 24, 2018

Paris, Day 5



We ordered a Thai lunch at this little restaurant near us.  It was so good!

Our apartment was in this building - around the other side.










These cats mesmerized me!


In both images you can see me standing by the door to our apartment building.  One evening Kade and I had Italian at the restaurant over to my right.  In fact, it was a very funny experience.  We sat outside at the table closest to our apartment.  Once we paid our bill, we took two steps backwards and were already punching in the security code.  Made us laugh!


This is a restaurant we thought our friend in Asheville had recommended.  Hers, though, was across the street.  But Les Editeurs was outstanding.  I highly recommend it.

I have never liked olives, at least the type on pizzas in the USA.  However, eating them fresh like this gave me a new perspective.  They can be quite tasty.  In a different setting - for example, when traveling - it's likely you will give something another try.  You might even come to really love it!  Looking back, there were a number of items I didn't like because an adult around me didn't like them.  Talking about when I was growing up, of course.  Or, maybe there was truly a bad experience with something:  an item not fresh or of low quality or prepared in a manner that wasn't ideal for me. 

Kade had fish, and I had calf's liver and mashed potatoes.  Those are raspberries on top.  I love liver, and this was as good as I have ever had.  And the potatoes were just delicious.



Kade got a pistachio tart, and I ordered a meringue topped with fruits.  Truly, truly amazing.






at the tomb of the unknown soldier





I jokingly told somebody back home, when I emailed him this image, that I was waiting for him to pick us up at this spot in Paris!








This flower was given to us by a young couple from Holland.  I hope they remember to reach out to us!  Kade, as you can see, is the best subject to photograph.  And the Eiffel Tower was the perfect pairing!

No comments:

Post a Comment