Kade enjoying a boat ride in Thailand. On the way to Monkey Island!

Monday, October 9, 2017

Pink Milk, Please

A fabulous thing about Thailand  - and it makes sense because it's so hot there - is that wherever you turn, there's something to drink.  Cold things.  And a stunning variety.  This Chapayom kiosk outside Tesco-Lotus shopping plaza (just a short walk from mega-mall Central Pinklao) quickly became a favorite of mine when Kade and I visited Bangkok in March.  I would either order an iced coffee or pink milk.  It hit all the spots:  Cold, sweet, creamy with a hint of strawberry.  I'm sure the flavoring was made of mostly corn syrup, but whenever I am in the hot, muggy climate, it seems like I need a sugar spike when it gets hot.  And you might think it puts on the pounds (or kilos), but all the empty calories are easily offset by the sweating and constant movement.  There's no reason to monitor your number of steps each day!  Aside from the effects of air pollution, which is still pretty serious, in many other ways I feel healthier when in Southeast Asia.




No comments:

Post a Comment