Kade enjoying a boat ride in Thailand. On the way to Monkey Island!

Thursday, October 12, 2017

Motorcycle Kiosk









This is a night market not far from Kade's family home.  Just before you reach the entrance, there are several motorcycle-transported food and drink stalls.  This would clearly be the mom-and-pop type service, and for those wanting tasty drinks and snacks at a great price, go for it.  My rule of thumb is to check out the customers and merchant, and then look at the overall setup.  How clean is it?  Often it doesn't meet my approval.  In that case, if I want an iced coffee or cold drink, I go by a 7-11 or into a business I know.  I worry most about the ice and how straws are handled.  One strategy, if straws are not packaged, is to reach out and grab my own from the bundle they have displayed.  I place my order, I grab a straw and then they hand the drink to me.  If I didn't, their bare hand would be on that straw, and putting it into the cup.  Little tips like that can ease your mind!  As for the ice, that can be hard to gauge.  Ice is in coolers, and comes from ice factories, then was taken my motorbike to vendors.  That's what you see.  And I would presume that those factories have regulations, and use clean water and all that.  I really have never been sick in Thailand, nor noticed any really stomach issues after going to one of these motorized stalls.  That said, I primarily stick to stores, chains or independently-owned businesses in popular areas.  How was that coffee we got at that market?  Really good.

No comments:

Post a Comment