Kade kneels next to a stream formed by the San Francisco Glacier, about two hours outside Santiago, Chile.

Saturday, June 3, 2017

Boat Noodles Galore

Those years of living in Bangkok, right dab in the Victory Monument area, I didn't know of this boat noodle spot.  I think the first time I even heard of boat noodles was from one of Mark Wien's vlogs on YouTube.  From there, I got really intrigued by boat noodles, and made a point to put eating some on my to-do list on a future Bangkok trip.  And I did just that in a mall in Bangkok once, at a chain, and I thought they were very tasty.  Later on, when my 2017 trip started taking shape, I came across Bangkok Fatty's YouTube channel.  And one of the videos that caught my attention was the Boat Noodle Alley one near the Victory Monument.  And that was it.  I was going to have more boat noodles.  Kade and I went over to the Victory Monument, and asked a police officer for directions, and he sent us to this restaurant.  Not sure if it was in Boat Noodle Alley, but it was next to a klong (canal), and they had lots of business.  If it hadn't been so hot, perhaps I could have walked the path alongside the klong and seen more boat noodle stalls and restaurants.  In my images, you can tell I was as fascinated by the coconut desserts as I was by the noodles! The beef broth noodles (with blood added!) were really good.  If I had had a bigger appetite, I could have eaten everything on the menu. In the final image, perhaps you can spot me stealing the kitchen secrets!  I also attached  the Bangkok Fatty video that motivated me.








No comments:

Post a Comment