Kade enjoying a boat ride in Thailand. On the way to Monkey Island!

Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Old Stomping Grounds

One thing that really reinvigorates me and recharges the relationship battery is going back to the places where Kade and I first met and spent time together.  I'm very nostalgic in this way.  Almost always when we return to Bangkok, Kade and I will go visit the Jim Thompson House Museum, the historic Bangkok home where she was working that sweltering day in 2000 when I walked in. Earlier this year, we visited it again!  We wanted to have some lunch, and we wanted to say hi to some of Kade's friends.  When we were done, we added a little wrinkle to the day.  We took the skytrain to the Victory Monument, the area where I lived that first year or two in Bangkok.  Kade helped me find the apartment back then!  When we got there, we started walking along the skytrain footbridge.  That's when I got a bright idea:  Let's have our photo taken at the exact spot where we had it taken 17 years ago, just to see how we have held up.  Sure enough, we found the spot.  If you're interested, at the bottom, below these images, you will see blog links to the Jim Thompson House Museum, where I share how Kade and I met.  I also am including a link to show the apartment that first year, and that original photo of us.  See what you think.














No comments:

Post a Comment