Kade enjoying a boat ride in Thailand. On the way to Monkey Island!

Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Dessert Crazy

Kade had plans to meet up with some old friends from her high school.  Through Facebook, a few of them started talking.  The next thing you know, it's time to gather for dinner and dessert.  I accompanied Kade to one of the newest skytrain stations, where we met two of her friends. We set off to Siam Paragon, one of Southeast Asia's biggest shopping plazas, to meet up with the rest of the crew.  It started with five, then went up to eight, which I think is pretty good.  Although I was invited, and would have been the only male with these lovely ladies, I politely asked if I could do my own thing.  I ended up walking over to the Pratumam area, using the new skywalk stretching from Central World to Platinum Fashion Mall.  After a soothing massage at one of my old haunts, I then walked back over to Central World.  There was a giant food festival outside, and it was people-watching galore for me.  I cannot tell you how many people I might have seen.  It boggles the mind!  I ended up going to the food court for some Khao Khao Moo, then made my way over to Crepes & Co. for a sweet binge.  It was yummy!  Later, when I met back up with Kade, she shared images from her fabulous time with her lady friends.  It looks like they even outdid me on the dessert front!
Chicago Popcorn brand on the wall behind, and Starbucks cup in hand.  That's Bangkok.




Above is the restaurant where they dined.  Once I get the name of it, I will post it here.  I decided not to bore with all the food images, even though it looked heavenly.  I am more into sweets anyway! When they got finished, round two was over at After You Dessert Cafe.  This name, by the way, would not fly in the USA.  It would be called Outta My Way Dessert Cafe!











I have a very funny video one of Kade's friends took of her as she dove into those desserts.  Will add here later!


This video looks out over the area where we all were that night.  Siam Paragon is a bit in the distance, and Central World is very prominent.  Straight ahead is the Pratunam area, where Platinum Shopping Mall is.  Incidentally, this is the area where Kade and I lived after we married. There's a 30-story condo off to the right, not too far beyond the Amari Watergate Hotel.  We lived there.  And my great-uncle, Jim Vann, on his visit to Bangkok in 2003, stayed several nights at the Amari.  Bangkok is an exciting city, and changes are constant,  Let Dwight give you the bird's eye view tour.

As I was sitting at Crepes & Co., I looked over to my right and took this image.  I thought that the pop star Prince would have found it appealing.


No comments:

Post a Comment