Kade enjoying a boat ride in Thailand. On the way to Monkey Island!

Monday, April 10, 2017

Sanook at I Calm Resort

Our driver took us from our resort in Sam Roi Yot to this lovely resort (really, I would say a boutique hotel) in Cha-am.  Cha-am and neighboring Hua Hin don't have great beaches - certainly not by the standard of other ones in Thailand - but they remain favorite get-aways for families seeking a quick weekend escape and for tourists who want some tasty seafood and spa experiences.  

Kade booked us at I Calm Resort.  Not sure how the resort got its name. The Thai is perfect I'm sure, but the English translation makes you go, "Huh?"  I think they meant to say I'm Calm Resort, but who exactly knows?  What did impress me though was the decor and colors.  The musician Prince would love it!  I was also very happy with the amenities and the breakfasts.  We knew going in, however, that I Calm would be a base for taking 15 minute drives south into Hua Hin for some sightseeing and seafood.







There go those wires again!

The beach down below is petty narrow, but folks seemed to be having fun (sanook in Thai).  What looked most popular, though, was buying fresh seafood and having restaurants cook it up and bring it over to tables under big umbrellas.  Big families and groups of friends were indulging!













One of Kade's high school friends (bottom pic) happened to be in Cha-am with her family the weekend we were. Take a look at some of the eating they did on the beach.  A week or so later, we saw this same friend of Kade's in Bangkok.






No comments:

Post a Comment