Kade enjoying a boat ride in Thailand. On the way to Monkey Island!

Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Rescued Turtle




This turtle was rescued by my sister-in-law on a shared home driveway off of a busy soi (narrow road) in Bangkok.  As you can see, its shell is broken, leaving a bit of its underbelly exposed. Other than that, it appears healthy.  Based on my early research, I think it's a softshell turtle, indigenous to China, not Thailand.  Chinese Softshell Turtles were introduced to Thailand (and likely all over the world) as pets and sources of food.  The plan is to find a organization that specializes in rescuing pets and wildlife so that this turtle can be treated and released.  Click here to learn about Chinese Softshell Turtles.  If anybody knows anything about turtles and can confirm my guess about this species, I would appreciate it.

No comments:

Post a Comment