Kade enjoying a boat ride in Thailand. On the way to Monkey Island!

Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Uzbek Art

The one on the right is actually one of Turkish rug market.  I bought it in Tashkent, Uzbekistan, and I'm sure the artist must have been a local.  The vivid colors caught my eye.  My friend Jalal helped me buy it at a good price, and he told me it was a Turkish scene.  It's all about negotiating when you're literally buying it on the street.

The one on the left I gave to my mother.  She had it in a prime spot in her living room for years.



My friend Timour gave me this.  Believe it or not, I carried it on the flight back to the USA, just as it is.  Nothing broke!  And there was layover at two airports, I believe - Moscow and Frankfurt.  It was a carry-on, but still not an easy task!







No comments:

Post a Comment