Kade kneels next to a stream formed by the San Francisco Glacier, about two hours outside Santiago, Chile.

Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Lucky 13!



After recovering from our city walking tours (sore legs and achy bones), Kade and I celebrated our 13th anniversary at Las Cabras, one of Buenos Aires' top steakhouses.  I've tried lots of steak in my life - good ones - and a variety of barbecue (thinking pork here), but all I can say is that the tenderloin steak prepared on the open grill at Las Cabras was arguably the best I've ever had.  And Kade's pork ribs, with a generous amount of sweet, tomato-based sauce like you would get in the Deep South in the USA, were very delicious.  The reputation Argentina has - high quality grass-fed beef grilled to perfection - is very deserved.  

Some corks from wine we drank in Chile and Argentina!


No comments:

Post a Comment