Kade enjoying a boat ride in Thailand. On the way to Monkey Island!

Thursday, December 10, 2015

Floating Market


When my great-uncle came over to Bangkok for my wedding in 2003, Kade and I took him to this floating market, about an hour outside the city.  We took a mini-van from his hotel, and arrived at a dock somewhere.  From there, we had to ride in one of the long-tail boats.  Right as we got down into the boat, which was a little tough to get into and you had to sit very low, my uncle said, "God, can you imagine so and so back home trying to get into this boat?  They wouldn't be able to get in or out!"  He was referring to just how fat many Americans are.  It was typical Uncle Jim.  Quite funny, and true.  We loved the market, and it lived up to its hype.  I'd say it was one of the highlights of my uncle's trip to Bangkok.

No comments:

Post a Comment