Kade enjoying a boat ride in Thailand. On the way to Monkey Island!

Monday, August 10, 2015

The Olympic Club


source
source
 


When I lived in Bangkok that first year or two, I had a membership at The Olympic Club, which is part of the Pathumwan Princess Hotel - at one end of the mega-shopping complex, MBK.  Before work and occasionally on weekends, I would stop off at the club to get some sun out by the magnificent pool, often with a book in hand.  Every now and then I would swim.  I don't recall really using the weight room or any of the machines.  Usually before leaving, however, I would sit in the dry-heat sauna for a bit.  I also enjoyed the fact that some of my colleagues had memberships at the club.  We'd chat and talk a bit about work, our home countries and Thailand.

No comments:

Post a Comment