Kade enjoying a boat ride in Thailand. On the way to Monkey Island!

Sunday, May 17, 2015

Sam Yan Market, Bangkok

A decade ago (hard to believe!), Kade took me to the Sam Yan Market one evening for what she promised would be the best crab curry in Bangkok.  The crab curry (bottom right in first image) was delicious!  But we also loved the fried fish and seafood salad.  Being a city that's constantly changing, it shouldn't have surprised me that just a few years later, the Sam Yan Market was torn down and then rebuilt just down the road.  Next trip to Bangkok I will have to visit the new Sam Yan Market to see if the crab curry still rocks.  I have a scan of Kade that I will add here once I find it.
 



source (the old)

 
source (the new)
 
Click here for a bit of history of Sam Yan Market.

No comments:

Post a Comment