Kade enjoying a boat ride in Thailand. On the way to Monkey Island!

Friday, March 20, 2015

Thong Lor, Bangkok



Kade and I once lived near this Bangkok street - Thong Lor.  And we tried all but one of the food places listed in this article.  The mango stand was always a favorite to gawk at.  Not long ago, we got the Pad Thai and Crispy Oyster Omelet at Hoy Tod Chao Lay.


A couple of images I took in 2011.  

Top, a mango stand.  And bottom, the Sukhumvit, Thong Lor intersection.

I enjoyed walking down to Thong Lor my first couple of days in January.  Even made a video in a coffee shop.  Sutti Mansion still looks the same, yes, but Thong Lor seemed run down.  There were some businesses that had a new look back in 2005, but now seem dirty.  Maybe it's b/c I have been in the US a long time, and have gotten used to things here.  However, if I lived in Bangkok, Thong Lor would still be a draw.  The food stops are good, including the places you mentioned.  I think of Thong Lor, you and the visits to Starbucks, Baskin Robbins and the Japanese places.  I certainly was impressed with the condo and hotel development along Sukhumvit in January.  - e-mail to a friend 06/2013

No comments:

Post a Comment