Kade enjoying a boat ride in Thailand. On the way to Monkey Island!

Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Parisian in Bangkok

Khao San Road
Kade and I were standing near the street this afternoon when a tourist asked us where Khao San Road was.  Needless to say, he had arrived in Bangkok only two hours earlier and was completely lost.  At first he insisted he knew what general area he was in, but when we told him he had gotten the names of two monuments mixed up, well, he started paying attention to us.  We ended letting him snag a cab with us and we took him to a part of the city where he planned to grab another taxi so he could reach Khao San Road.  As it turns out, he was from Paris and is taking a 12-day "holiday"  here.  I told him you were going on a "vacation" to Paris the first of next month.  I tried recalling some of the info you e-mailed me.  He figured out the area I was referring to (le Marais) and he said it was very nice and popular.  When asked what his first impressions of Bangkok were, he said, "chaotic."  He said it reminded him of Beirut, Lebanon, where his sister now lives and works.  I told him if he wanted complete relaxation he should catch a flight to some of the islands and beaches in the South.  He smiled.  - from an e-mail I sent my brother in 2004


more images we took of Rambuttri Road and Khao San Road (they run parallel to one another)







No comments:

Post a Comment