Kade enjoying a boat ride in Thailand. On the way to Monkey Island!

Thursday, January 1, 2015

Uncle Jim visits Nagano

 
Kade and I got married in Bangkok in 2003.  And my great-uncle, Jim Vann, came to my wedding.  When it was over, he left Thailand and stopped in Japan (and perhaps South Korea), where he went snow skiing.  He was 79 years-old at the time!  I later e-mailed Uncle Jim about Nagano, and he shared this.

I did stop over to ski at Nagano.  I was amazed at the display and abundance of seafood in one particular store/mall.  One place for snacks, but mostly people were buying fresh seafoods and also had it cooked to go.  Skiing was not good...snowing and windy....but I rented skis and actually enjoyed my visit there.  It was a 30 minute bus up and back to the "Olympic Ski Area".  Old Nagano was seen all about, but one long street in the middle of town was preserved with shrines, stores and buildings from way back.  I took at least 30 or 40 pics using my rather new digital camera.   So new, in fact, that I pressed the wrong button and erased pics from who knows where....while there.  - Jim Vann, Headland, AL

No comments:

Post a Comment