Kade enjoying a boat ride in Thailand. On the way to Monkey Island!

Sunday, October 5, 2014

Views from Bangkok Taxis


 
Bangkok's traffic is notoriously bad.  Even with a very modern metro and sky train, it seems that more and more cars are clogging the streets.  If I had to drive every day, I'd go crazy.  Luckily for us, virtually anytime you need a taxi, it just takes seconds to grab one.  And if you hold out for just a few more seconds, you can find a taxi you really like.  I look for the really clean ones.  Believe me, if your average taxi ride is 30 minutes, you want the car to be in excellent shape.  And if it looks good on the outside, chances are the interior is very comfortable. Sometimes, like on this trip, if we're crossing one of the city's big bridges or passing through an interesting part of town, I'll turn on the camcorder and just point it out the window.  Other times, I might capture moments when Kade and the taxi driver are conversing in Thai - usually trying to pinpoint exactly where to go or if another route should be taken. 

No comments:

Post a Comment