Kade enjoying a boat ride in Thailand. On the way to Monkey Island!

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Taiwan

American Expat Stacy
 

 Entrance Gate to Chiang Kai-shek Memorial Hall
 


 
This is my personal video containing pictures (with captions) of a trip to Taipei in the early 2000s.  I was en route to Bangkok after a visit to the USA.  Taipei 101 was under construction then.  One thing that has always stuck with me is that there were some delicious breakfast sandwiches in Taipei.  They had a homemade McMuffin and BLT look and taste, but with a definite Asian twist.  I researched later and discovered that these breakfast sandwiches (and there are many types) are the rave throughout Taiwan.  Here's one that's popular.
 
a postcard I sent home

 
 

Recently, one of Kade's friends gave us some Taiwanese tea.

36 Hours in Tapei, Taiwan - The New York Times

 

No comments:

Post a Comment