Kade enjoying a boat ride in Thailand. On the way to Monkey Island!

Monday, November 19, 2012

Obama in Thailand







      In the video, notice the President and Hillary following temple protocol:  No shoes allowed!

http://www.politico.com/gallery/2012/11/obamas-overseas-trip/000572-008117.html

w/ Thailand's Prime Minister, Yingluck Shinawatra

Well, as you know, Thailand, "The Land of Smiles," is my part of the world - my second home, if you will.  And, I have had the good fortune of traveling all over Thailand, from the mountains in the North to the bustling capital Bangkok in the center to the islands in the South.  By train, plane, autombile, bus and boat!  To find out what I experienced, be sure to check out my travel blog, Ballyhoo, and then simply search for Thailand under categories in the right sidebar.  Also, in the next couple of days, on my travel blog, I will share videos and images of Obama's historic trip to Myanmar (formerly Burma) and then his stop in Cambodia, where he attends the ASEAN Summit.  Kade and I have visited Cambodia, and I have been wrapping up a biography on Pol Pot, the Khmer Rouge leader of Cambodia during the shocking, genocidal Killing Fields period, just  after the Vietnam War.  I have not been to Myanmar, but it's on my to-do list.  In fact, while Kade's visiting her family in Bangkok in January, there's a pretty good chance I will fly to Myanmar to look around.  I will report my findings, for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment