Kade enjoying a boat ride in Thailand. On the way to Monkey Island!

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Back in Colombo




 Seafood Cove, Mount Lavinia






In this video, you will see more delicious food from Cafe Japan. It was delivered one evening to the home where I was staying. Boy was it good! I think that night I had my best sleep, in big part because dinner was so satisfying.

While I am on the subject of food, I seriously had underestimated the positive impact of Sri Lankan cuisine on my palate. I was half-expecting to enjoy a dish here and a dish there. Honestly, I was thinking it would be a bit too spicy for me. However, over and over, I found myself thinking Sri Lankan food is some of the best I've ever tasted. Refresh Restaurant (mentioned in previous posts) provided one of my favorite dining experiences, but there were numerous ones. Another place that impressed me greatly was Seafood Cove at Mount Lavinia Hotel. It's featured in the video, and you can read about it here.

Kyoko's niece, Rain, presented me with some cute drawings (see below). Rain was also sweet enough to give her younger brother Taiga some credit. At the moment, these masterpieces are on my fridge in Asheville.



Here a couple of images of a Buddha in a Colombo park


Update:  Got this photo of Rain, Taiga and two more sibling additions.

No comments:

Post a Comment