Kade enjoying a boat ride in Thailand. On the way to Monkey Island!

Thursday, February 11, 2010

London

Last year Curry Woods took a couple of extended work trips to Europe. He was based in Geneva, Paris and London. Luckily, it wasn't all work. Whenever Curry had the chance, he seized the opportunity to do some major-league sightseeing. And, through Facebook, his friends and family back in the U.S. got to live vicariously through him. I sure did! I was always fascinated to see what new photos he'd post every few days. Perhaps most intriguing, Curry traveled completely alone and had to rely on highly skilled tourists to capture these truly amazing photo moments. I bet that took some negotiating!

I asked Curry for his itineray, his mode of travel and his three biggest Wow Moments.

Curry responded:

I went from Atlanta to Geneva, to Bern, to Zurich, to Geneva, to Paris, to Geneva (in Feb/Mar 09)

(second trip) to Geneva, to Amsterdam, to Geneva, to Barcelona, to Geneva, to Berlin, to Geneva, to Interlaken, to Geneva, to London, to Paris, to London (in May/June/July 09).

When I travelled from Paris-London (and vice versa) and within Switzerland, I travelled by train. Otherwise I travelled by plane.

My top three experiences:

1) Far and away, the Anne Frank House in Amsterdam.
2) My day trip to Versailles, which was spectacular.
3) Seeing Billy Elliot on the stage in the West End in London.


See if you can spot the cities Curry visited by clicking the map above to enlarge. Then, return to this page and keep scrolling. Bon voyage!

No comments:

Post a Comment