Kade enjoying a boat ride in Thailand. On the way to Monkey Island!

Sunday, October 25, 2009

Shashlik

This is Bekchan. He was a student of mine in Tashkent in 1994. Just recently Bekchan and his family moved from Uzbekistan to Canada. With the Toronto skyline in the background, Bekchan grills Shashlik the Uzbek way. To see what Bekchan looked like 15 years ago, click here and then find him among his classmates.
At Timour's dacha two hours south of Moscow, I did my best to take part in the shashlik cookout.

2 comments:

  1. Looking at that shashlik is making me hungry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, thanks for adding my blog to your blogroll! I'm still waiting for my visa, so I've had nothing interesting to report yet - but I promise to update much more frequently once I get to Moscow!

    ReplyDelete