Kade enjoying a boat ride in Thailand. On the way to Monkey Island!

Sunday, March 15, 2009

Bangkok

I took many images as I walked the city yesterday. This was my favorite. It was my first full day back in Bangkok.  It had been three years!  Our first priority in returning was to visit Kade's sister, Nan, who is battling a severe case of Lupus.  We will be returning to the USA in about a month.

And this is the sequence (pretty confident) in which I took the images.  I walked around the Victory Monument, where I lived when I first moved to Bangkok in 2000.  After that, I went down to Pratunam, where Kade and I lived right after we married.  I bet you I walked 10+ miles.  Bangkok is a very stimulating city, and it's easy to walk a lot without thinking about it.  You can really feel it the next day, though.  But when that happens, there's always a massage.






On the right side, I think the 8th floor, is where I lived.

I lived in a studio apartment in this building.



















We lived in a condo way up there.









In the center, that's the condominium where we lived.
















No comments:

Post a Comment