Kade kneels next to a stream formed by the San Francisco Glacier, about two hours outside Santiago, Chile.

Saturday, April 4, 2009

Bangkok, Capital of Siam


Locate the tallest skyscraper (it's 94 stories) in both images and use it as a focal point. These are two different images, of course. Click on both to enlarge, zoom in and scroll across. You can then see how wide the Bangkok skyline is. I had been watching the growth of some of the newer projects on my favorite site, http://www.skyscrapercity.com/ (where these images came from), so I expected to see significant changes in the burgeoning skyline. Still, it's another thing to be here, like I am now, and  view the city up close.  I guess being from a small town makes this all the more captivating.  I remember first moving to Birmingham, Alabama and how sophisticated and big the city felt.  Atlanta, GA had an even greater impact, of course. Well, think of New York, Hong Kong, Sao Paulo and Tokyo. And there's more and more!

1 comment:

  1. That certainly is an interesting skyline. It's a great picture!

    ReplyDelete